SMHS PTO SCHOLARSHIP
FOR HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
PURPOSE: To provide scholarships to two (2) deserving San Marcos High School graduating seniors who have prepared relentlessly for the next phase of their education. This scholarship is open to all seniors and is not based on financial needs.
AWARD COMPONENTS: Two (2) $500 scholarships and individual certificates awarded to two (2) students selected by PTO Executive Board.
- Applicant must be an eligible graduating senior in the year of the award.
- Applicant must have participated in either sports or extra-curricular activities/clubs at SMHS
- Applicant must have given of their time to their community in some capacity
- Applicant must demonstrate what it truly is to be a SMHS “Knight”. Through involvement in either sport, clubs, band, etc.
APPLICATION PROCESS: (APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT)
- Completed application form (incomplete or illegible applications will not be processed).
- One (1) letter of recommendation from either one of the student’s high school teachers, an administrator, or former employer.
- A complete high school transcript with cumulative grade point averages and a class standing/rank.
Deadline for application is April 30, 2015 Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Submit application packet to:
1615 W. San Marcos Blvd
San Marcos, CA 92078
ATTN: SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION BOARD